Know that thing going around Facebook where people share random facts other people might not know about them? Well this is like that, only less coherent. And with pictures.
Sleeping is just sooo overrated you see. So instead I stay up catching up on all my favorite blogs, and window (Christmas) shopping, and thinking random thoughts that simply must be shared, right?
Now if that glowing endorsement didn't scare you off here are those random thoughts I've been telling you about, all eight of them, 'cause why not?
1. I'm kinda in love with the above picture of Michael Caine (which has been floating around Pinterest, obviously), but really I've been crushing on him since Batman (the first one).
Don't worry; this isn't news to Mikael. He knows I've got a thing for older men (think the cartoon guy in UP! who I think we can all agree is just too adorable. Although Mikael, you should be warned, this just in, he does exist!).
2. The other day at the grocery store there was a girl sitting in her car, using someone else's bare foot as a microphone. I assume it was a kid, but it was someone in the backseat, so I couldn't see.
The girl was really belting something when I pulled into the parking space in front of hers. This was odd enough, but you know how usually when you stare at someone for more than a second they notice, and stop doing whatever caused you to stare?
Well I stared a lot longer than usual and she didn't stop. That makes me creepy, I know. But it also makes her really cool. Right? Who does that? Cool people I think.
I mean, a hairbrush mic has been done. But a bare foot? You go girl! I can only hope this starts a trend (can you imagine how that'd spice things up on shows like The Voice?).
3. A lot of my stories revolve around the grocery store, 'cause I work from home, and it's the easiest excuse to leave the house. But another good excuse is... the pharmacy. 'Cause where else can you find super deals without having to trek across town to get to Target?!
My occasional couponing reached new highs (or lows) this week though, when I bought 3 large packages of toilet paper, just so I could earn the $5 in extra CVS bucks.
And when I say large, I mean really large. I couldn't see over the TP on my way to the car, or look my husband in the eyes when I walked in with them, but:
a.) I don't have to go through what I consider the embarrassing act of buying toilet paper for like week(s) now.
b.) That $5 is gonna come in pretty handy when I need a new nail polish, or 2 for $5 potato chips, or... CVS brand paper towels!
4. This might sound crazy to those of you who've known me a long time, but sometimes, just sometimes, I really wish I was Catholic. Like my Grandma. And the Pope. And, oh, some millions (maybe billions) of other people.
5. If you like coffee, and your dream weekend consists of three things:
a.) Spending one night at home alone with craft supplies.
b.) One night cuddled under a blanket with a loved one, pizza, and a stack of movies.
c.) And one with a handful (at most!) of friends who like to play board games, and drink caffeine.
Then I will like you. That's just a fact. (It may be sad, but it's still a fact.)
6. I really suck at being a grown up a lot of the times. Doing things like remembering to put oil in the car, or figuring out how to get burnt goopy stuff out of the oven... driving in traffic, choosing to vacuum after spending eight hours rearranging picture frames and poofing decorative pillows... those things don't come naturally to me.
Anyone else struggle with this, life after training wheels I mean? Or is that just me?
And the romantic way the leaves change colors, making every walk around the park a unique and breathtaking experience... autumn is growing on me big time. And I'm so happy about that.
8. I cannot explain how much I love it, on the rare occassion, when I fall in love with a song - and listen to it on repeat thanks to YouTube - only to discover it's the internet rarity without a single "Thumbs Down" on it.
It makes me feel like I have good taste, but also that there's hope for the world. Not because my taste is that good, but because there are some things that transcend hate.
That makes me real happy.
So that's a bunch of stuff you probably didn't need to know. But thanks for letting me share, and for giving me an excuse to stroll memory lane looking for "stock art."
I really am so grateful for those of you who choose to read this little thing. It's a great gift you give me.
Now it's your turn. What makes you very very happy?
I hope Thursday makes the list, 'cause that's today, and today's always a good day to be happy.